Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Remembering my Guru/ Father.




I always remember   Sri Vidvan Tayalur Srinivasa Rao, my father, called by us as Anna,  for many reasons. I lost my mother, at 8 ..  I was his last Son. He is my role model, for laukika & pramarthika life. He was very knowledgeable, patient, ever smiling... and had many qualities of a Vaishnava. He never imposed any restrictions on us. But when he did it, we were inspired to follow. His Students were celebrities like Justice MN Venkarachala,. MV Venkatappa, and many more... He never sought anyone's favors for my Job or anything else. He said: 

किमलभ्यम् भगवति प्रसन्ने श्रीनिकेतने?-

If God wills what is impossible? was his Conviction. 
He lived up to it. His favourite Books were Srimad Bhagavatam, Harikathamritaaara, Gita Bhashya and to some extent Srimanyaayasudha. He never showed his depth in Madhwa Philosophy to anyone except me. When I lost my Mother atan young age, he was my Friend, Phiosopher & Guide in all ways. He never committed any debts or left any uncleared. He was Alpa Tripta. He had some select Students. I was one amongst them. 

He was a Kannada Pandit in Govt. School, observed austerities. Hewas only upset when he was put Bahishkara by the previous arrogant Sawmiji of Uttardi Mutt. He tolerated the insult as he was clean. It was on an Ekadshee Issue. He knew his friend Vedanta Vidvan, Tarka Kesari Agnihotram Yajna Vitthalacharya, ate onion as dwadashiphaLara, but smiled: 

Idu Sajjeeva, eno ASuravesha.adakyaake tale kedisikobeku? 
 He never advised him. 
He lead a silent, happy life with his meagre salary

ಮೊದಲು ತೋರುತದೆ ಮಧುರ ವಿಷಯಸುಖ
ಕಡೆಗೆ ದುಃಖ ಅಪಾರ ||
ಹರಿಯ ಭಜನೆ ಮಾಡೋ ನಿರಂತರ ||
 ಎಂದು ಹೇಳಿಮುಗುಳುನಗೆ ತೋರುತ್ತಿದ್ದರು. 

Of course,  his Vidya Guru Sri Dayanidhi Tirtha Swamiji  helped my elder brother to complete his BSc., not from Mutt money, from his pension as Sub Registrar in Madras Presidency. He worshipped him, studied under his feet wth other disciples, as he was chosen by him.,  from Pramana paddhati to Sriman Nyaayasudha and applied to his Life. 
He was a great Pravachanakara of Bhagavata. He used to conduct Bhagavata Saptaha, Mangalas of Sarva moola Granthas happened many times in out home at Mulabagilu. He spent his money from Pension & Shishyas help. He was very happy  to conduct Aradhanas of all Dasaru and Sripadarajaru also. We went to Nrisimha Tirtha on Aradhana days, had Darshan, came back home and had Prasadam with our father and his Shishyas.

During 6 years of his Bahishkara, by Swamiji of Uttaradi Matha,  he made me namesake Purohita, conducted Shraddhas, without any trouble. He taught me Shraddha Mantras witjh a promise I will not make it a profession later, as I was a quick learner. He used to say: This too will go away...  like his Guru Sri Dayanidhi Tirtharu, whenever he faced a trouble. 
He made us sing Bhajane from ' Sukhavaagali Bahu dukhavaagali Sakha neenaagiru Panduranga and many  more devaranams. Sumadhwa Vijaya  and  Vayustuti were his life time companions.
 He quoted Sri Vadirajaru: Vayustutiratrnityam bhavet Janmani janmani. 
I remember him as it is his (Shraadhha )  day of Demise on Sept 4,  1984.
I seek his blessings as Father &Guru, always.
 Bhooyishtaante Nama Uktim Vidhema.
- i can only bow to him, with humility and respect. 

1 comment:

Vasudevan V said...

Fine writing, a chance for me to know about a noble soul.

MADHVA MATHAS